Home / Resources / Blog /Married Couples Separated by Travel Ban Can Now Visit Each Other
Married Couples Separated by Travel Ban Can Now Visit Each Other
# Human Resources# Employer

Married Couples Separated by Travel Ban Can Now Visit Each Other

Mohamad Danial bin Ab. Khalil
by Mohamad Danial bin Ab. Khalil
Jan 26, 2021 at 06:18 PM

Are You Hiring?

Find candidates in 72 Hours with 5+ million talents in Maukerja Malaysia & Ricebowl using Instant Job Ads.

Hire Now
A Job Thing Logo

Good news for married couples who are separated because of the (Movement Control Order) MCO's interstate travel ban! The Government just announced that they will be able to travel between states beginning Jan 27.

An announcement made by Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob today stated that couples living apart due to work had made appeals to the Government to let them cross state borders. 

He said that the National Security Council special meeting has listened to their appeal and agreed to relax the restrictions.  "They can now do inter-state travel to be with their spouse and family starting tomorrow," he said.

The minister said they would need police permission before making their journey. Additionally, those with symptoms are told to do a swab test beforehand to ensure they are not infected with COVID-19.


Married couples who are separated by the MCO travel ban can now visit each other.

Can Malaysia afford another full lockdown?

The minister also took some time to discuss the effects of lockdown. He revealed that 2.8 million people might risk losing their jobs if another full lockdown is imposed on economic activities.

Ismail Sabri, who's also the defence minister, stated that 2.8 million more Malaysians also stand to lose their income if another MCO as strict as last year's MCO is imposed to fight the disease.

"The B40 group will lose salaries in a month, which is expected to cost RM2.45 billion, with an average of RM2,400 per household," the minister said, referring to bottom 40% families.

Based on a report from the Companies Commission of Malaysia, Ismail said that 13,445 factories have shut down since the first MCO was imposed in March 2020.

 

1% of foreign workers tested positive for COVID-19

Ismail also stated that fifty-five foreign workers from the 5,297 screened on Jan 25 under mandatory Covid-19 testing for the group tested positive.

The Human Resources Ministry coordinated the tests. "Since Dec 1, 2020, 210,613 foreign workers have taken Covid-19 testing, which involved 8,096 employers.

"Of these, 4,151 have been proved positive with Covid-19, while the other 206,462 were negative," he said.

The minister also said that 861 clinics were involved in the Covid-19 screening programme for foreign workers.

According to him, this initiative is in line with the Government's directive that orders all foreign workers to undergo COVID-19 testing, with the test cost being covered by the respective employers.

Malaysia recorded another 3,048 new Covid-19 cases on Jan 26. Health secretary-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said that the country's Covid-19 situation could be stabilising shortly.

Dr Noor Hisham said the basic reproduction number (R0) of Covid-19 infections showed signs of decline, adding that it should soon be as low as 1.06.

NEW and latest Covid-19 SOPs, info and guidelines from the Government >> DOWNLOAD HERE

Articles that might interest you
MCO 2.0: Who Can Go To Work? 
State of Emergency: How It Affects Us All
Employers Are Hiding Their Employees' COVID-19 Positive Results
Employers Must Cover Vaccination Costs for Foreign Workers

Search
© Copyright Agensi Pekerjaan Ajobthing Sdn Bhd SSM (1036935K) EA License Number JTKSM 232C Terms & Condition Privacy & Policy About Us